One of my biggest weaknesses? Themes. There is nothing more exciting to me than a theme of some sort. Whether it is a themed party, an outfit, or even a makeup item....a good theme makes me weak in the knees. No wonder there is so much Too Faced in my collection. And just as much on my wish list! They are the absolute best brand when it comes to fun and creative themes. When I saw the Too Faced White Chocolate Chip palette sitting at the line-up section of Sephora (the place where last minute add ons can quickly double your purchase price) it immediately caught my attention.
There were so many selling points. A few examples? The themeing (their chocolate themed palettes smell good and work well), the size (super small and easy to take on the go), and the shade selection (there are dark shades, medium shades, and light shades to choose from). Before I get into a full review of this mini eyeshadow palette, here is a closer look at what is inside.
There are some good and not-so-good things about this Too Faced palette. So, to make things a little easier to digest, I am going to break it down into a pros and cons list. Let's start with the things that really stood out about this palette.....
- The packaging is perfection. It is small, sturdy, and has a large mirror inside.
- The smell is incredible! This palette really does smell like white chocolate. Yum!
- There are some really beautiful shades here. The ones that are very shimmery and glittery have a lot of pigmentation and look absolutely gorgeous.
- There is a lack of consistency from shadow to shadow. Some are great and others are flaky and lack pigmentation.
- An awful lot of the lighter shades look the same when swatched or applied. That limits the versatility.
- The pans are super small so you need to use a very fine brush for application.
As you can see, this is kind of all over the place. It is a fabulous palette to take with you in your purse thanks to the super compact size. But when it comes to everyday use? It is probably not going to be something you reach for all that often. I am probably going to keep this in my makeup bag or take it with me when I am travelling. Here is a makeup look that I created using the Too Faced set. You can absolutely come up with a beautiful eye look....the shades simply aren't consistent.
Too Faced is a fantastic brand and there are many aspects of this palette that stand out. Unfortunately, this specific product did not knock my socks off. But hey....there is always next time!
Have you tried the White Chocolate Chip palette? What did you think of it?