Saturday, August 2, 2014

haul: avon products

Before I get to today's post: can you believe it's August already? Where has the summer gone? I feel like time is zooming by - and I still have so much left to see and do! Here is hoping I can manage to cross a few more things off of my summer wishlist before September hits. I guess I'll have to re-arrange my schedule and start making some plans. How has your summer been going? Have you managed to get everything done that you wanted to?


Now for a little Avon haul and review. I don't normally buy a ton of products from Avon - but every so often my mom will add on a few things that I want to try out. That is how I ended up with some skin products and a couple of mascaras. They are: the Skin So Soft Satin Glow Body Scrub, the Body Brush, and two of the Super Shock Brights Mascaras.

Let's start by talking about the skincare products: the body scrub and the body brush. During the summer months, I am all about adding a little glow to my skin. This year, I have been using the Jergens Natural Glow Gradual Moisturizer (I love this so much, I can't even deal with it) and the L'Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze (adds tons of colour but is trickier to get streak-free). To get a natural looking tan, exfoliating is an absolute must. Previously, I was using a milder exfoliating product from Hard Candy but decided to give this one a try. It did a fantastic job! It's not too aggressive on my skin but still leaves it feeling soft and ready to tan. The body brush was also great for getting my skin prepped and ready to go. I was totally impressed with both products. They are a win!

Now for the other two Avon products that I tried out: the mascaras. These are the Super Shock Brights and I got the colours Emerald Shock and Violet Shock. I have never had coloured mascaras before - so I was eager to see how they would look....and figure out how I would wear them.


As you can see from the pictures above, these colours are bright - but not totally unwearable. The violet shade is a little bit darker as is the emerald shade. I personally like that because you can add a little colour into your look without it appearing too out there or over the top. It's great for a subtle pop. The formula for the mascaras is a little wet so you definitely need to be careful when you are letting it dry. (I totally ruined my eyeshadow the first time I attempted to use these. Oops!) These mascaras are fun and I've really enjoyed putting them to the test! How often I'll wear them? Who knows! I am going to do my best to make sure they don't just sit in a drawer, though.

This is the makeup look I created using these mascaras. I chose to wear the emerald shade on the upper lashes and sport the purple mascara on the lower lashes. I really loved how it turned out. Out of the two, I think the purple is my favourite....what do you think?


So, those are my thoughts on the latest products I tried from Avon. I was very impressed with all of them!

Have you tried any of these products? Would you wear a coloured mascara?

xo Shannon

15 comments:

  1. I love Avon! Been using Avon since my grade school days. The Skin So Soft line is used by my mother for years ;)

    besos,
    M
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon I can't make up my mind, I think them both great, precisely this mix of emerald and purple does it. It's beautiful! No I haven't tried these products yet. Yeah it's scary isn't it how time flies these days.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't used Avon products in a long time, but these look great. Those mascaras seem subtle enough to wear daily, but maybe it's the camera.

    Georgia | BeautyInsideArt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here, where has the time gone??! It's my birthday month and I can't believe time flew by so fast! I haven't tried colored mascara but I love the two colors you got! Looks great on you too!


    Amanda | feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!!
    May be you'd like to follow each other? Let me know C:

    Maggie from
    http://secretpassageinthebilberrypay.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love everything! great photos :D

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good products. I haven't bought Avon in a while, but maybe I will soon :)
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful! makeup is fun!

    www.alifeinthefashionlane.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Havent tried it,but it surely looks great on you.
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of Avon, but these sound great! Btw, you have the most beautiful eyes!

    My Makeup Mémoire

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful make-up. You are so pretty! :)

    Kisses,
    Daria

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the mascara!
    You are very pretty!

    Greetings!
    Victim of my closet

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard good about Avon! I need the skin so soft after this summer and the chlorine! You look beautiful :)

    Lulu
    simplylulustyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What great make-up!

    All the Summer's ingredients on lb-lc fashion blog

    ReplyDelete