Saturday, February 14, 2015

i love nothing in the world so well as you.


Today is the big day. Valentine's Day, that is! It might sound cliche....but I absolutely love the holiday. There is something about all of the romance, the grand gestures, and the thoughtful moments that just make me feel all warm and fuzzy. I am one of those girls who loves love. There is nothing quite as good as watching a romantic movie, like Bridget Jones, He's Just Not That Into You, The Wedding Planner, or How To Lose a Guy In Ten Days.....they all manage to make me smile. (Okay, and sometimes even cry a little bit!) Yes, I love Valentine's Day.

Unfortunately, my fiance does not feel the same way. As he puts it, I do special things for you all the time. Why does it have to be on this one day? I see his point....but I love Valentine's Day anyway! Over the years, I think he has kind of softened on his anti-Valentine's stance. When we first started dating he was totally against it. Now? He has come around a bit. This might be because I like to spoil him on the big day. Cooking dinner, baking cookies, decorations, little gifts.....the works! Shockingly, this has actually become a lot of fun for me. I am not overly domestic in general. But every now and again, I like to pretend that I am. Valentine's Day is the perfect opportunity to do that - and spoil the person I love most. 

However you are celebrating Valentine's Day this year, have fun! Whether you are single or in a relationship, I hope you spend time with the people you care about most. Because that is the most important part. Share love, be kind, and have a wonderful holiday. 

To get you in the mood for the festivities, I thought I would share a few of my favourite Valentine's Day inspired pictures. I hope that you all enjoy them!


How will you be spending Valentine's Day this year? Do you have anything special planned?

xo Shannon

21 comments:

  1. Those cookies sure look tasty!!!

    mythinkingbowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw beautiful pictures .. hope you had an amazing valentine :)

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grat post. Beautiful pictures.

    http://mylovelyfashionbih.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the cuteness and hearts! I celebrated the day with my boy! I made him a heart formed card and gave him a heart formed balloon as I prepared breakfast for him :) We spent the whole day together and he got a new pair of suspenders and I got a new pair of sneakers! Perfect, if you ask me. Happy Valentine's Day Shannon! And thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pics are so lovely .. especially the last one :) Happy Valentine's Day!

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flowers are stunning <3

    I am following you via gfc now <3
    Visit me: Kapege life moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flower and stuff for Vday <3 Nice post!


    www.ismurfshion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post....Those heart shaped cookies look soo yummy... :D

    http://scribbleyourthoughts.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the pictures you chose for this post look extremely cute! :X

    http://the-may-day.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Valentine's day too! :) I spent it with my boyfriend, we had lunch at our favourite japanese restaurant!
    Btw, I love romantic movies and I'm just like you!

    Kisses,

    Babi
    www.voguebuster.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute :) X

    Follow me on GFC, I always follow back.
    WWW.HEKYMA.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this post. So sweet!

    http://starlingdays.blogspot.com/2015/02/blog-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post!!!
    Have a good week!!!!:)))

    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pictures, Shannon. I too love Valentines day, I mean, I see you fiance's point, but then we could say that about everything, right? birthdays, x-mas and so on. So why not celebrate Valentine day as well, like, the birthday of love.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww thats so sweet!
    Love, Jane xx

    www.janekhodos.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely pictures :)
    xoxo
    http://myheartaintabrain.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  17. ...I spent this day at work and than with my boyfriend...a romantic dinner in my favourite restaurant!!!
    ...kiss...lu!!!
    http://beautylovelemiefollie.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete