Tuesday, May 30, 2017

obsessed with: NYX wicked dreams eyeshadow palette


Oh, NYX. How I love thee. This is one brand that continues to wow me with their unique range of products and high-quality offerings. It seems that over the last little while, I have added more and more NYX products to my ever expanding makeup collection. Some of them I've picked up on my own while others have been given to me as gifts. The Wicked Dreams eyeshadow palette is an example of the latter. One of my friends gave me this gorgeous eyeshadow set as part of our Secret Santa exchange this year. (Yes, this review is long overdue!)

Over the last several months, I've been using this palette to create a variety of makeup looks. Some smokey, others simple, and a few of them downright colourful. So....what is this palette like? Let's break it down and take a closer look at the NYX Wicked Dreams eyeshadow palette.


Packaging. I have to say, this packaging is fantastic. The palette itself is compact, sturdy, and simple. The small palette clicks closed which means there is no worrying about shades crumbling or cracking. This is a phenomenal palette to travel with or throw into your purse for any last minute touch ups simply because the packaging is so fabulous. It really is super sturdy!

Quality. Most of the NYX products I've tried have been lip products. While I've tried out a few single eyeshadows, this was my first time using a full on palette. Generally, the quality of the shadows is good not great. Some of the colours are extremely pigmented and easy to use. Others do not have the same kind of payoff. Because of the inconsistency, I find myself using a lot of the same colours over and over again. The shades with shimmer tend to be smoother and more colourful but most of the deeper shades work well. The so-so colours are the lighter and mid-toned shadows.

Overall Impressions. This is an amazing on-the-go eyeshadow palette. While not all of the eyeshadow shades are equally pigmented, there is a great selection of colours and finishes. Not to mention the ultra compact packaging. The Wicked Dreams palette is a fabulous choice for travel makeup...which is exactly what I'll be using it for in the weeks to come!

Below is a super quick makeup look I created using the NYX eyeshadow palette. The shimmery olive green shade was used all over the lid with the shimmery brown (with gold flecks) used in the crease. The deep blue was used along the lower lash line and that shimmery champagne shade was used in the inner corner and underneath the brow bone.....


Have you tried this NYX eyeshadow palette?

xo Shannon

6 comments:

  1. Nice color shades in the palette, and you look so beautiful! Love your lips!

    Madame X
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your smokey eyes look just amazing! I don´t have anything by this brand in my beauty collection yet ❀

    ❀ Blog de la Licorne ❀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful palette and beautiful you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!,
    I followed your blog, could you follow mine?
    a greeting <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice palette! Have a lovely Day! 😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete